- Principal Investigator of Indo-Japan joint project “Climate-Energy Policy Network: A Comparative Study of India and Japan” funded by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) & Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) with Prof. Koichi Hasegawa, Tohoku University, Japan, 2019-2021.
- Collaborator, Sustainability Experimentation Venture Network (SEVeN): Nurturing local knowledge for global change. In collaboration with Dr. Stephen Zavestoski, Professor of Environmental Studies and Sociology, University of San Francisco, USA. See website: https://sustainability7.net
- Principal Investigator of Indian research group of “Climate Change Policy Networks (COMPON)” funded by National Science Foundation, USA. International PI is Professor Jeffery Broadbent, University of Minnesota, USA. Website: http://compon.org/ (Indian Budget: US$ 31,660.00), April 2014- March 2015.
- Principal Investigator of the project “Sociology of Social Network Sites: A Social Capital Approach to the Study of Young Adults of India” funded by Indian Council of Social Science Research, Ministry of HRD, Government of India (Budget: Rs. 5,69,750.00), 2011-2014.
- Co-researcher of “Contention or Consensus? Policy Networks of Climate Change in Finland in a Comparative Perspective with Sweden and India”, funded by KONE Foundation, Finland (Budget: €3,05,635.00), January 2014 to December 2018.
- Co-researcher of Climate Change and Civil Society (CLIC), funded by the Academy of Finland, Helsinki Research Group for Political Sociology, University of Helsinki, 2010-2013.
- Guest Scientist at Department of Urban and Environmental Sociology, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH –UFZ/ Leipzig / Germany, funded by German Research Foundation (DFG) (Budget: €5000), May-July 2013.
- Member of Socio-economic and Cultural group of a multidisciplinary project on Ganga River Basin Management Plan (GRBMP), funded by Ministry of Environment of Forest, Government of India 2011.